Vehicle Telematics Service/Installation Engineer
CMS SupaTrak Limited – Taunton
CMS SupaTrak are looking to recruit a self-motivated, qualified and experienced field based vehicle telematics service / installation engineer to its team.
The role will be home based (ideally Taunton, Somerset) and will cover the South West, South Wales, Wiltshire, Gloucestershire and Dorset primarily however other UK / European travel may be required.
|Reports to:||Service Delivery Manager|
|Travel:||As required, may include overnight and or extended project deployments|
|Hours:||40 hours per week (additional hours should be expected however due to the nature of the role)|
|Holidays||23 days’ holiday (excluding bank holidays)|
|Benefits:||Private health care, company vehicle (excludes personal use)|
|Salary:||£24,000 to £26,000 PA|
Working closely with the Service Delivery Manager and the scheduling team, the role of the engineer will be to deliver installation services to CMS SupaTrak’s diverse customer base.
The main purpose of this field-based position is to install and maintain vehicle GPS/GSM tracking and ancillary CANBus related electrical equipment including cameras and DVR equipment to 12/24v vehicles.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To install and support a range of CMS SupaTrak equipment and devices to 12/24v vehicles of all descriptions in accordance with agreed schedules
- To adhere to both CMS SupaTrak and our clients’ health & safety requirements.
- To ensure personal appearance reflects company guidelines.
- To take responsibility for the company vehicle and other company-issued equipment.
- To maintain van stock and be accountable for inventory management.
- To complete required documentation in relation to work carried out.
- A qualified auto electrician (City & Guilds or NVQ level 3) with a minimum 3 years’ relevant experience.
- Excellent fault-finding skills.
- Experience with GSM / GPS equipment and the ability to understand limitations of low power GSM / GPS equipment.
- Ability to professionally engage with our clients at all levels.
- Self-motivated, able to work with minimal direct supervision to agreed delivery dates.
- Clean driving licence preferred.
- Must be eligible to work in the UK and Europe.
- Successful candidate will be required to provide suitable references.
No agencies please
To apply send CV to: email@example.com